The Maroochydore Revitalisation Association (MRA) is a not for profit group of passionate volunteers who are strengthening the local economy and urban experience via self funded events, artwork, strategy development and private and public sector engagement.
- The annual Ocean Street World Festival
- Monthly Nights on Ocean street markets
- Captain & the Duke Pop up Bar
- Local street art/murals
- Promoting the precinct through digital, social media and cooperative advertising campaigns (including radio and print media) through pro-bono work or partnerships.
Economic Development Plan (EDP)
The EDP is a strategic platform to create partnerships and fast track priority actions to continue the momentum and build a robust economy and a sustainable community for the MRA Precinct. Read more about the EDP.
The MRA now engages with Sunshine Coast Council and other key stakeholders to drive design and amenity, public safety, activation ideas, funding opportunities and partnerships for the precinct across five key areas:
- Economic and cultural development
- Key event coordination
- Marketing and communication
- Clean, safe green precinct – design and amenity
- Establishing comprehensive research about the area.
As a result, the MRA precinct has become a renowned destination for music, food, people and atmosphere, reflected in Sunshine Coast Council’s planning scheme as an Entertainment Precinct.
CREATIVE PROJECTS MANAGER
Joseph Riba - President
James Birrell - Vice President
Bernard Kasteel - Treasurer